[Sca-cooks] Female Cooks

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jul 8 06:42:37 PDT 2002

>But is it
> worth it?

Well, if the attitudes my brother has encountered working in large-scale
catering are any representative sample, no, it's not worth it. I think the
amount of toleration for miscellaneous abuse and supervisorial stupidity
that guys seem to regard as normal appears to be far exceeded in this
area.

Women generally only take jobs where they are subjected to contiuous
verbal abuse if they don't have any other alternatives. Which is my
personal theory accounting for a higher percentage of women in the lower
ranks of food service than the higher ranks.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."