[Sca-cooks] Loud Voices

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Tue Jul 9 13:11:38 PDT 2002

mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> *I*, however, had a voice that my Dad used to tell me belonged to a
> Marine Drill Sargeant (relatively deep, definitely loud, and capable of
> _lots_ of bark).  Certain to inspire instant obedience, especially when
> getting the dogs (who generally stayed out in the kennel over by the
> barn, some distance from the house) to *shut*up*NOW*!  I suspect, if I'm
> not careful, that someone will try to make me a field herald some
> day....;-P
> --sgt. maire ;-P

Yeah Maire, my friends used to tell me the same thing. They were joking,
until I proved I could be heard at the other end of a football field. Theater
taught me how to project my voice by dropping it an octave and really filling
up my lungs and diaphram and then using a controlled exhale. I just don't
like being that loud, though it works wonders on dogs and children...

Finnebhir Moon Dancer
Rhiallu Ulfhednar
Vanished Woods Shire
Middle Kingdom