[Sca-cooks] Loud Voices

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jul 9 13:27:29 PDT 2002

At 04:11 PM 7/9/02 EDT, you wrote:
>Yeah Maire, my friends used to tell me the same thing. They were joking,
>until I proved I could be heard at the other end of a football field. Theater
>taught me how to project my voice by dropping it an octave and really filling
>up my lungs and diaphram and then using a controlled exhale. I just don't
>like being that loud, though it works wonders on dogs and children...

It's not just being loud though. If that were the case, Fran Drescher would
have the world at her feet. ;-D) It's the tone. I can lean over in a church
pew and whisper "Stop." and the tone says I Mean It. Volume helps if you
are a herald, but it is not necessarily always a component of the 'command
tone', as it was put earlier.

'Lainie
-it's the quiet ones you have to look out for...