[Sca-cooks] RE: Lords salt and vinegar was Vinegar and favorite pickles

M.C. Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Fri Jul 12 11:27:02 PDT 2002

Hi

I have not worked with lords salt, but looking at the Surig web site they do
everything from a 1:1 (concentrate to water) dilution for some cleaning
tasks like rinsing spotless glasses to 1:12 for cleaning spots from leather.
The standard dilution for flavored vinegar seems to be 1 part concentrate, 1
part water, and 3 parts wine/ale to reach a standard dilution of 5% acidity.
Using less water/etc would equal a higher acidity, but not above 25%.  I can
find no recipe that has you ingesting it at a higher than 5% concentration.

Im not sure how boiling it to concentrate it would work either.  I think if
you want more than 25% acidity you will have to look at some of the stronger
chemicals and acids mentioned earlier in the thread.

In Service
GwenCat

Message: 14
From: jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:25:30 -0400 (EDT)

At one of the asian groceries we visited yesterday, I picked up some of
the 25% acidity vinegar concentrate. Can you add this to real vinegar to
bring up the acidity? If so, what proportions would you use to get the
acidity to use with, say, Lord's Salt?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."