[Sca-cooks] chowder - OOP

Erika Thomenius ldygytha at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 15 12:02:12 PDT 2002

>See, that's exactly my point. Universal chowder orthodoxy does not
>exist,

It does too!  Heretic!  I will launch the jihad!  :)

</fanatic>

[much good argument snipped]

>But how can you argue with such a fine, old, established New England
>tradition as putting tomatoes in chowder? ;-)
>
>Adamantius, who hates canned Manhattan Chowder, but likes home-made,
>among several other kinds

Well, GEEZ, if you're going to go be all REASONABLE about it... :)

Ok, then, I admit, the few times I have been persuaded to let the False
Chowder through my lips, I have had no idea of its provenance.  For all I
know, it may have come from a can.  And it was noxious.  So, good gentles
all, I challenge thee.  Provide me with or point me to a good recipe for
*coughsplutter* Manhattan clam chowder.  I will acquire the ingredients,
make it up and serve it forth.

-Gytha "Daring Temptation" Karlsdotter