[Sca-cooks] Re: Italian menus repost with translations this time

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 06:10:38 PDT 2002

Sorry about that, I posted the translation with those
menus, but my mail only replicated the original one.
The menu for July 14th (a Wednesday) is:

ANTIPASTI
melloni, beccafichi con pan'unto, crostate di
piccioni, schiena di
vitella fredda, visciole, & limoni trinciati

Antipasti,
Mellons, goat dish with greased (oiled) bread, pigeon
pies, back (loin?) of veal cold, wild cherries, and
lemons chopped up small (could be candied but no
indication from the name)

ALLESO
vitella seccaticcia, pollanche grosse stufate, salami,
& savore di verzure

Boiled course
Veal dried (cured), turkey large stuffed, salami
(salted and cured sausage), sauce/relish of greens

FRUTTE
torta bianca, pere, persiche in vino, citroni in
aceto, & finocchio

Fruit
White tart (a cheese and egg white tart), pears,
peaches in wine, citrons (sour oranges?) in vinegar,
and fennel seeds (probably comfits if you look at the
position in the menu).

As to the translation project.  I have yet to finish
proof reading and cleaning up the last one.  Then my
copy of Scappi should arrive soon.  Then maybe.  But
definately not until well after war.

Are there any other Italian speakers out there or am I
one of very few?

Helewyse