[Sca-cooks] Re: Italian menus repost with translations

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 05:36:58 PDT 2002

Stefan wrote:
Wow!!! You mean there is a menu (presumably different)
for each day of the year in this manuscript?

If anyone wants to sit down and translate this, I can
offer a home for your work in the Florilegium. You can
ask Brighid if she thinks this is a good place for
such a manuscript, since her wonderful bit of
translation (from Spanish, not Italian) is there.
Also, you don't have to do it all at once since I can
update the file on the webpage. For the same reason, I
can accept updates if you find things that need to be
corrected as you learn more and get feedback.

Helewyse, what do you say?

Watch me twitch and scream!!
Lead me not into temptation, I do a good job finding
it all by myself.
1) it would be really cool (I don't deny this)
2) it would be a real big job (it would be best to
transcibe then translate)
3) no way until about September (first there is War
and like most people I am mid War prep panic, not
enough clothes, car too small etc. etc, then there is
completion and clean up of my last translation
project, then I have a class on herbs to prepare)
4) I would love another Italian speaker to help me
proofread (I can provide references to dictionaries
that carry obsolete and archaic terms that are
essential for translation of old italian, modern
dictionaries are TOTALLY useless)

How is that for a response:-)

Helewyse de Birkestad