[Sca-cooks] Hams for boiling

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Fri Jul 19 05:42:05 PDT 2002

When I make Pig Newton, I use a fresh pork butt and work from there.
{towards the end of the newsletter}
http://www.geocities.com/margali99maincom/aquilina.html
Yes I know that in the online edition the next to last pair of pictures got
swapped...

If I want to do a baked ham and really go all out, I will parboil a no $h!t
smithfield ham whole in 2 changes of water and then bake with a great glaze.

If I am not in a hurry, and being cheap I will use smoked or plain pork neck
bones to make a stock for cokoing beans in.

margali

the quote starts here:
::clearing throat::  What are the best cuts of pork, or kinds of ham,
for boiling?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net