[Sca-cooks] Cookbooks in the autumn

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Jul 19 08:39:35 PDT 2002

I was just browsing through the Fall Cookbook Announcements in Publishers' Weekly (the bible of librarians and booksellers) and found these:

Darina Allen's Ballymaloe Cooking School Cookbook (Ireland - traditional stuff) - $45 June

Ottoman Kitchen: Modern recipes from Turkey, Greece....Sarah Woodward - $20 OCT

Magic of Fire: cooking on the open hearth (ash baking, ember roasting, hearthside grilling) - William Rubel - $40 SEPT

Penguin Companion to Food - Alan Davidson IN PAPER @ $25--NOV

So does anyone know anything about William Rubel or Sarah Woodward?  Are their works likely to be useful?  I've sold Darina Allen's other books - they aren't period, but they're pretty good, and period Celtic is VERY hard to find.  Alan Davidson in paper--what more need one say?

And how did I miss these books when I was at Book Expo walking my feet off searching for new goodies?

Devra-very much in the throes of packing-for-Pennsic