[Sca-cooks] looking for recipes using Abchazskij Ostray peppers

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 21 17:07:33 PDT 2002

Greetings folks,

I recently got this question by email. Included is the original request,
my reply and his reply. I'm still not sure we are communicating on the
"native" country for these peppers. But I thought I'd pass this on to
this list because of the wide knowledge here. Perhaps someone has some
information about this "Russian" pepper.

Any of the rest of you growing 48 varieties of peppers in your garderns?
:-)

Please send any replies to Leslie at lberting at prairieinet.net since
this person is not on this list.

Thanks,
   Stefan

Thank you for your reply.  Please feel free to forward my message to anyone
who might be able to give me some information on uses for that pepper.  I am
growing over 48 different varieties of peppers and am very interested in
finding out how these peppers are used in their native countries.  Any
information would be very much appreciated.  Thanks again for your time.
Leslie