[Sca-cooks] salad dressings

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 21 21:52:13 PDT 2002

Brangwayna commented:
> I'm still working on sauces and salad dressings, but had excellent results
> this year working on the basis of a tablespoon of salad dressing per person.

What period salad dressings have you found? I seem to remember oils
or oil and vinegar being mentioned but I can't remember any others.
For those interested in medieval salads, and many of them sound much more tasty
than the typical modern US salad, check this file in the FOOD section of
you-know-where:

salads-msg       (143K) 12/13/01    Period salads. lettuce, greens.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net