[Sca-cooks] period pizza

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 23 23:03:36 PDT 2002

Serena da Riva said:
> Just to make you jealous... One of the sites that we use has a huge
> pizza/bread type oven. One of those big black jobbies that is about 6 feet
> tall and 5 feet wide and 3 -4 feet deep with 5 of the pull down doors. It
> takes about 2 hours to get to heat, but it is fantastic. The lady who baked
> the bread for my feast was able to bake 30 loaves all at the same time.

Well, how about making period pizza with these?
pizza-msg         (15K) 12/ 3/98    Period pizza and similar items.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/pizza-msg.html

> And as if that wasn't enough, they just installed a convection oven. We in
> the SCA have the distinction of being the only group that uses the site that
> is allowed to use the kitchen. Everyone else has to use the site's cook (who
> has ran the kitchen for the last 25 years).

Do you have any idea why you are on such good terms with the site owners? Is it
that you do a very good job of cleaning it up? Or you've shown that you won't
steal or damage their pots and utensils? You put up more of a fuss when forced
to use the site cook than other groups?
Perhaps this information would help other groups establish a good relationship
with their site owners.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net