[Sca-cooks] Atkins diet, etc

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Jul 26 08:09:43 PDT 2002

What gets me is the dieticians' and doctors' total disregard of the fact that people react differently!  For some, Atkins is a really good diet--I even lost my little potbelly on it, but I couldn't stand having no bread or sweets. (Hate the taste of artificial sugars.) For others, that much fat would not work, and a low-carb veggie diet is better.  What we need is an understanding that if one doesn't work, try a different one--without saying that the original NEVER works, just 'cause it didn't work in this case.

Would be wonderful if we had a way of figuring out which diet would work for which person, which metabolism, which body type.

And sometimes it really is hormonal.  I've a friend who took a week to loose 5 pounds on a 700 calorie diet...and she was in Marine Boot Camp at the time.  When she finally got the correct thyroid medication, the pounds just melted away.

Devra the semi-hysterical (Penssic is HOW soon?)