[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP--Answer to an old thread???

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Jul 28 20:11:13 PDT 2002

A few months ago, weren't we discussing tapioca and tapioca pudding?
ISTR someone was looking for a tapioca recipe that used fruit
juice....well, I found it (on the side of a box of
tapioca....giggle)....
FRUIT JUICE TAPIOCA PUDDING
1/3 c. sugar
3 T. quick-cooking tapioca
pinch salt
2 c. apple juice

--Mix all ingredients in medium saucepan.  Let stand 5 mins.
--Cook on med. heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a
*full* boil (pudding thickens as it cools).  Remove from heat.
--Cool 20 mins., stir.  Serve warm or chilled.  Makes 4 servings.
Variations: grape, pineapple, orange, grapefruit, or cranberry juices.
Also juice blends or mango nectar.

--Maire, who should be in the kitchen cleaning up her mustard mess
instead of playing on the computer <g>