[Sca-cooks] Maire tries something new.....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jul 29 22:08:26 PDT 2002

You guys are definitely influencing me into making more adventurous food
choices <g>....Tonight, yours truly ate turnip greens for the first
time.  Pretty tasty...kinda like spinach with attitude.
My mother, I'm sure, is laughing her head off at all of this is whatever
part of the afterlife she settled in....I *hated* greens of any sort as
a kid.
So...anyone know of any period recipes for turnip greens? The turnips
themselves show up in numerous places, but the greens???
--Maire, who also had chicken and dumplings with it, but the dumplings
were flat, like noodles, and not big fluffy things....is that a regional
thing?