[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP--Summer warning--not a hoax

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Jul 1 05:32:10 PDT 2002

At 07:46 AM 7/1/02 -0400, you wrote:

>I pass this on to you and ask, because you all mean a great deal to me,
that you read it and heed its warning.  This information has been checked
out with the website that contains warnings about hoaxes and urban legends,
and this appears to be clean.  As I believe it is, I am sending this out to
you as it is a logical warning...and could be quite dangerous, especially
as so much of the country is undergoing a drought this year.

>Kiri
>
>Sometimes these things are just Urban Legends or hoaxes. This appears to be
>valid.

I checked this one out one the Snopes site:

 http://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/static.htm

It is mostly true (read the whole thing they have up for all the info) and
rather interesting.

Have to point out though- it's not a worry in Oregon! ;-D)

'Lainie