[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP--'Full Serve' in Oregon

Mon Jul 1 11:32:07 PDT 2002

Here in Oklahoma, green means "go," yellow means "speed up," and red means
"floor it."  It doesn't matter what the Rules of the Road are.

A few years ago, I was at a light when it turned green, I waited about 15
seconds until the stragglers cleared the intersection, then started across
in concert with a truck to my left.  The truck hit the brakes, but I wasn't
quite fast enough in stopping and had a driver who had railroaded through
the red light try to remove the front end of my car.

Double lines don't mean much either, because there are a lot of people
willing to ignore them.

So the signs might really be there to remind people.  Or, it's there so that
ignorance of the law is no excuse and they can hit you failing to observe
posted warnings or negligent driving as well as crossing the double yellow.
Keep Oregon green, bring your money and screw up on the highway.