[Sca-cooks] green leafy things

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 2 08:37:39 PDT 2002

Some sort of cabbage :)  What color is the stem?  Might be 'dinosaur kale',
but that's usually flatter leafed, not curly.  Maybe a varietal of mustard.
Christianna

> So when I was at the grocery store this weekend, I bought a green leafy
thing because it looked interesting. It's not lettuce. It looks vaguely like
the rich upscale classy version of kale--lighter green, very curly ruffled
leaves, leatherier than lettuce but not quite as heavy as kale. It wasn't
labelled. It tastes slightly bitter and green.  Anyone have a clue as to
what it is?