[Sca-cooks] Coronation almost done...

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Tue Jul 2 20:12:19 PDT 2002

At 10:41 3/07/02 +1000, you wrote:
>We have well over 400 sitting down to dinner, which I believe makes this
>the largest catered event in Lochac's history.

To clarify- the largest *indoor* catered event.

Coronation is a large undertaking, but don't forget Kiriel, that in 1992
the household of Soggy Bogs did a catered feast at the original Rowany
Festival site, the last year Festival was a catered event. (I was part of
the steward's team for that feast.) I don't remember much of the details of
menu, but I do recall white tarts decorated with laurel wreaths, and whole
roast fish for the high table. Not bad for a site without electricity or
running water.

As I recall the final count was 432, making it thus far the largest catered
event in Lochac, indoor or outdoor. I hope we can break that record this
weekend.

Giles