[Sca-cooks] Arundel was Boar in Counfett

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jul 3 00:36:06 PDT 2002

At 10:24 AM 7/2/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Ya know, knowing Master Arundel as I do, I wonder how
>he's going to react to being substituted for a Bore in
>Confit.....
>
>Phl...., er, Olwen....

Depends on the Arundel. The Arundel I know best was a nasty sonofab*tch who
was a constant thorn in the side of Richard II of England. Even to the
extent that he showed up extremely late for the funeral of Richard's
much-beloved Queen, Anne of Bohemia, and then had the gall to walk up to
the King and tell him that he couldn't stay for teh whole thing because he
has more important business elsewhere. Richard, already under some strain,
hauled back and punched the guy. Created quite a scandal. In '97 he finally
pushed a little too far and ended up needing a new place to hang his hat,
if you get my drift. I'm sure there were a few folks (Richard for one) who
would have loved to see him in Confit, in Peeces, in Gobbets...

My conputer is named for this Arundel. With just cause, I think. ;-)

I just got home from the trip to Eugene. There is now a new registered
voter in Oregon! Yay! She can read and write and is capable of
understanding a punchcard ballot. ;-D). I brought her flowers and we went
to lunch at the China Delight and had a lovely time, ate and chatted and
drank three pots of tea. It was a quiet day so we weren't in the way. We
eventually went off and picked up her sister Lydia (and met Lydia's new
boyfriend- not bad! Decent taste in men ;-)), though we couldn't find Mr
Picky. He got in just as we were getting into the cake, natch. (Dense
chocolate with rasp. filling and ganache frosting- oy! There went the
diet!) I had a lovely visit and I am very tired (240-some miles RT).

She's wobbling but seems to be flying, and is determined to make her own
nest soon...

*sniff*!
'Lainie