[Sca-cooks] My Party Under the Rock

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Jul 3 05:53:12 PDT 2002

No, it doesn't travel well at all. It has to stay reasonably cold so the
buttercream that's holding the layers apart continues to hold the layers
apart, otherwise the weight of the top three layers causes the mousse to
squish out on the bottom. [And I bet you're all wondering how I know
this...]

That's why the mousse recipe is what it is--it's not so light and fluffy
as to immediately squoosh out of the cake when you cut it.

And alas, I am not going to Pennsic this year. Mom's current prognosis is
3-6 months, and I don't dare risk being where she (or any of the rest of
the family) can't immediately get in touch with me if necessary.

Margaret