[Sca-cooks] Recipe: The Cake That Woke Up Cleveland*

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 3 08:18:43 PDT 2002

"Pixel, Goddess and Queen" wrote:

> I've never done it this way, but you could try making a shorter cake--if
> you took one regular layer and torted it, the top layer would probably be
> light enough to not squoosh the mousse out the sides, and then you could
> just run the buttercream up past the top edge of the cake to hold the
> mousse in.

What I would do is spread the mousse over each layer, and chill them separately
to let the mousse firm up, THEN assemble.  We've done Dobos Torte this way, seven
layers of paper-thin sponge cake with the DCM [Deadly Chocolate Mousse] in
between.

More Chocolate!  Face the Peril!  Maybe that's what I'll do on the 4th of July,
make chocolate goodies and bring some of the Guinness Cake in case I meet up with
Padraig at Westercon on Friday.

Dame Selene, Caid