[Sca-cooks] Pearls before Swine

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 3 12:34:57 PDT 2002

Great, I got lots of answers, and some cool sites to add to my 'Favorites'.
The reason behind this, and the obligatory food content, is that our 30th
anniversary Baronial event is coming up, and the theme is pearls.  Of
course, we immediately came up with this phrase, and ideas for pork dishes
with pearl onions, among others.  I wanted the entire original quote before
we started getting too off the wall. (Who, us?  Never!)
Christianna

> Nifty website here:
> http://phrases.shu.ac.uk/meanings/280300.html
>
> Yes, it's Biblical (Matthew 7:6), and it means just about what we use it
to mean now.
> Margaret (who is trying very hard to be bored today, but the customers
have other ideas)