[Sca-cooks] My Party Under the Rock

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jul 3 13:15:26 PDT 2002

At 01:20 PM 7/3/02 -0400, you wrote:
>This and the heat (We're having a heat wave)  together are reminding me
>of a friend who married one September, but it was over 100 degrees... he
>told me the cake melted. He was picking it up at the bakery, and the
>filling softened, and the top layer sort of slid...

Ohhhh...

Shades of my own wedding, 19 years ago. The reception was at a friend's
house, on their deck which extended front eh back of the house down to the
their dock on Lake Tapps (about 30 m. east of Tacoma). Day before the
wedding it was warm, and teh kitchen was along the back next to the deck,
with windows all around... I assembled the cake and it melted. And I
melted. I called my mother in an incoherent panic. She came over with a
sack of whatever it was, and told me to go home... The next day the cake
looked only a little funny (chocolate with ivory buttercream icing, and
when it melted, crumbs got all over) but it was covered with ribbons in all
colors and fresh roses in ivory and pink from Ron and Kari's front yard.
Not perfect, but still wonderful. And it tasted fine.

'Lainie