[Sca-cooks] Stove for my tent!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jul 3 20:36:25 PDT 2002

At 11:19 PM 7/3/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Olaf!
>
>It has been long a piece of advice my grandfather has given me.  Don't fire
>up a stove inside your tent!  Not if you want to avoid Drakey like
>consequences (sorry Drakey, couldn't resist!).
>
>Unless perhaps you're talking about a bigger tent, pavillion like, far from
>panes of clothes and with TONS of ventilation.

My guess is, Gorgeous, that is exactly what he is talking about. They have
these special stoves built for the big wall tents like the hunting/trapping
expeditions use, etc. You can buy teh through a variety of outfitters. They
have a stovepipe that goes up and out (and yes, you get a special roof
section for these) so the ventilation problems are greatly reduced.

We are not talking about a little propane heater here...

>Just my 2 cents

Can I write you a check? ;-) ;-D)

'Lainie
(yes, Muirdeach, I know I'm behind on my mail. I'll get there.)