[Sca-cooks] Stove for my tent!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Jul 4 05:47:20 PDT 2002

Maire chimes in:
I used to do a *LOT* of stove jacks in our canvas tents, the smallest of
which was 9'x12'.  The ones we used were made of some sort of coated
fiberglass (very itchy if you needed to cut it for any reason), with a
center ring of some sort of very tough, fairly rigid rubber-stuff.  Came
in all kinds of sizes, for different stove-pipe widths, and even came
with the option of round or oval shapes (the oval being used on a
sloping tent roof for a better fit around the pipe, and the round ones
being used more often in the tent *walls*).
We have a lot of outfitters, hunting-campers, etc. out here, so maybe we
get more of this sort of thing than other parts of the U.S.  They're
also popular with certain types of reenactors (black powder shooters,
rendezvousers), for whom canvas tents are appropriate.
--Maire, glad her tent-making's in the past now!