[Sca-cooks] Vacation restaurants -- Ashland, OR.

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Thu Jul 4 06:08:23 PDT 2002

Actually, at the moment, I'm at my favourite place, The Black Sheep
(they just put in wireless connection to the Internet). A bit of an
eclectic British Pub fare type place. From simple pub grub to nice
dinners, even venison. Always a carvery (beef), fish, game (fowl, bison,
rabbit, etc), and vegetarian special each night. And nothing claiming to
be beer with the name like Miller, Coors, Bud, etc) Guinness on nitro
tap. One or two local brews on tap. Nice selection of Scotch. Dart
boards, board games available. Even a big red British call box in the
corner with a working phone. High ceiling with a smoke scrubber, but no
smoking before 9pm, and only along the windows and at the bar. Stays
pretty clean. In the old IOOF hall. One of the restrooms used to be the
old cloak room where they hung the interesting white robes and pointed
hoods back in those days. And a really nifty X chair next to the stairway.

Okay, so I'm biased about the Sheep.

Edouard

It sounds like a very cool place to eat and have fun.  Aurore