[Sca-cooks] Re: I hate olives...

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 4 08:06:27 PDT 2002

On 4 Jul 2002, at 8:58, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

[many words of wisdom]

> D) For a good time, without necessarily having access to the huge
> gourmet Disneylands somewhat to the North of you, look in sleazy
> little bodegas for Goya's line of Spanish olives stuffed with almonds,
> garlic, or tuna. While I have no evidence for it, I would think such
> practices are pretty old. These will be more expensive than buying in
> bulk, and I'm not really recommending it for feast service, but it
> might be something to add variety.

Then again, I don't think I need a lot of olives.  These will be served
with dessert, as per period practice (with cheese, preserves, nuts,
and dried fruit).  Everyone should be pretty full by then, and even
the olive-lovers shouldn't want to do more than nibble.

> E) When is your feast? I may be able to bring some olives from around
> here...

January.  I'm still in the menu-planning/recipe-testing phase.  I'll
keep your kind offer in mind, but I would hope that in the intervening
6 months I can find a local source.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net