[Sca-cooks] I hate olives...

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Thu Jul 4 04:24:30 PDT 2002

> ...and therefore I am at a loss when choosing olives for a feast.
> How to I tell which are the "good" ones?  Are canned or jarred
> olives acceptable?

*UGH* No no no no no! Canned/jarred olives are AWFUL. Mushy and flavorless.
Buy them in bulk. I've actually gotten pretty good Greek olives (Kalamata
are my personal favorite) in 2-lb tubs at National Wholesale Liquidators and
Sam's Club. The supermarket may not be a bad option, if the olives look
reasonably fresh (of course, you never get "fresh" olives off the tree,
those are inedible).

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
OBTag: Your love life will be... interesting.