[Sca-cooks] I hate olives...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jul 4 08:24:22 PDT 2002

> *UGH* No no no no no! Canned/jarred olives are AWFUL. Mushy and flavorless.

Many people like them, among those who like olives, so if you have to go
that route, it's not a disaster. (I can't say they are flavorless, since
they definitely have a flavor I can't take too much of myself. But I live
in a group full of olive fiends.) At Christmas, Sam's has a special on
black/red olives, jarred in brine. But they only have them at Christmas,
and I forgot again to get them.

Olive fanatics will eat the green olives that come in the gallon jars or
the 2 quart 2-packs that you can get at Sam's, but they generally want
black olives. I haven't found a good deal on jarred black olives, except
that Sam's Christmas special.

To put on the table at dessert, do see if you can get a deal on black or
red olives from a specialty place-- the farmer's market near me has an
olive/pickle stand that has a gazillion different flavors of the kind of
olives that Avraham enjoys.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."