[Sca-cooks] Farmers' Market, was:I hate olives...

Kekilpenny at aol.com Kekilpenny at aol.com
Thu Jul 4 09:14:45 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/4/02 12:01:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kingstaste at mindspring.com writes:

> By the way, Molli, I turned in an Arts report last night about our trip to
> Kyrrianna.
> I would encourage other folks to organize trips like this.  Molli did it
> for
> our Pages' School, but you don't need one going to get together a trip like
> it, and everyone had fun and learned a lot, I think.

It was so much fun!  My greatest fear was it was "lost" on the youngest of
the group. Once we got back to my house the 4 year olds in the group were
popping off the correct answers to Mistress Christianna's questions about
onions. Awesome! I learned a lot and it renewed my interest in period foods
and cooking. The biggest problem I'm so focused on kids stuff that I forget
to indulge my interests. So combine them! We all win!

Oopfh yes, I'm concerned about the mini-herb gardens myself.  Next time I
think we need to plant a communal garden and invite the kids back to help
tend and watch it grow.

We period foods, about each other, how to organize these gatherings better,
and we had fun!!!

Molli Rose
("Grand" Chick...peep peep...scratch scratch)