Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] I hate olives...

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 4 20:54:59 PDT 2002

On 4 Jul 2002, at 19:56, Avraham haRofeh wrote:

> The nasty, rubbery, icky ones are the only canned olives I've ever
> seen. And the only jarred olives I've seen in my grocery are martini
> olives.

In my local supermarket (Acme), there are a variety of olives in
jars, though most of them are stuffed with pimentos.  In the Goya
products section, I found several kinds of olives, including the tuna-
stuffed and anchovy-stuffed varieties that Master Adamantius
mentioned.  I came home with a jar of Spanish Manzanilla olives.
They're small, green, and imported from Spain.  I'm going to rinse
them and put them in olive oil and bring them to work tomorrow.
There are several foodies on the staff.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net