[Sca-cooks] Lady Brangwayna's Feast

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 5 05:42:47 PDT 2002

Just to share something that was done here....my apprentice and her fiance
cooked our spring event, Challenge of the Heart.  They made individual Pies
of Parys as well...he works for a FasMart...one of those quickie-mart type
stores that are grocery stores/fast food/gas stations all-in-one (the gas
station part always makes me chuckle given some of the food I've found at
these places).  He was able to get the individual ready-made pie shells for
the dish, but they made their own pastry for the tops.  The unusual part is
that they went back to the original recipe, which indicates that they should
make the pork into small pieces (paraphrased...don't have the original at
hand at the moment) intrigued them. He doesn't care for ground meat, so
wondered how it would work if they shreded the pork rather than grinding it.
I have to say that these were the best Pies of Parys I've ever eaten!!

Kiri