[Sca-cooks] Lady Brangwayna's Feast

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 17:49:26 PDT 2002

  The dough used for both pastries was a
>basic pastry recipe using flour, a mixture of butter and Crisco, water, and
>little salt.  We could probably has used wonton wrappers for the pasties,
>but
>I didn't think of it until we were halfway done.
>
>Brangwayna
>who will be writing up the details of the feast one of these mornings...

The dayboard sounds very nice.  I like the idea of pickled and plain hard
boiled eggs.  Not everyone likes pickled.
I would like to comment on this mention of fresh vs. wonton wraps.  Perhaps
I am spoiled but I *MUCH* prefer fresh made dough.  I have had both types
and, frankly, the wonton just don't cut the mustard with me.  Yup, they are
cheap and already made, but, no, they don't have the flavor or te+ture I
believe is called for in any period recipe.  I know how much a drag it can
be to be on "dumpling day", but we have a dedicated handful of folk in our
guild to get together, have a lot of laughs and a few ciders and get the job
done.  Nice thing is they freeze so well, and the quality time with friends!
Olwen