[Sca-cooks] Hotel interested in period food

Yamil O Kiwan res03l8a at gte.net
Thu Jul 4 11:11:56 PDT 2002

Sorry for the delayed response, real world interruptions.

Almond Pear Tart - A redaction of a pear tart in marzipan served to Pope
Pius V at a banquet.

Ingredients
8 oz sweet pastry
4 oz apricot jam
12 oz frangipani (liquid marzipan)
3 poached pears, drained, dried, and halved (canned pear halves work just as
well)

Roll out pastry onto a tart pan, spread a thin layer of jam on the pastry,
save 1/2 for glaze. Pour in frangipani, 2/3 full(don't fill the tart pan).
Place pear halves on top of frangipani. Preheat oven (350 degrees) bake 20
min., remove when golden brown, let cool slightly. Boil jam and a little of
the pear syrup and brush over the slightly cooled tart. Serve warm with
fresh cream or custard sauce.

Frangipani recipe - Cream 4oz unsalted butter, 4oz sugar, 4oz course ground
almond flour, and 2 eggs.

Note: Almond Pear Tart leftovers a great for breakfast

Thanks,
Jamal Damien Marcus