[Sca-cooks] Something to chase away the image (WAS: And the screaming nightmare award goes to...)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 6 21:39:20 PDT 2002

"Mike C. Baker" wrote:

> I love garlic, and have consumed my fair share of
> chocolate-chip cookies over the years.  Even as a
> diabetic (Type II), I suppose I could not-so-forcibly
> budget myself to try one cookie combining the two tastes.

Your wish can be granted:

The following recipe comes from THE COMPLETE GARLIC LOVERS' COOKBOOK from
Gilroy, the Garlic Capitol of the West Kingdom.

Garlic Chip Cookies

10 cloves garlic
Boiling water
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2-1/4 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Drop garlic cloves into boiling water for about 5 minutes or until tender.
Peel and chop garlic and soak in maple syrup for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile,
cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Add to creamed mixture, then stir in
chocolate chips and nuts.  Drain garlic and add to cookie batter.  Blend
well.  Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches
apart.  Bake at 375º F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

Makes 5 dozen cookies unless you're a pig too.

Selene, Caid