[Sca-cooks] Something to chase away the image (WAS: And the screaming nightmare award goes to...)

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Fri Jul 5 20:00:21 PDT 2002

Selene, should I ask off-list just what brought on
such an outburst about the lad? <VBEG>

>     And I still want to make that Cajun Haggis recipe.  :-)

Certainly there had to be more than just this?

"Well, ye've got six months or so 'til Master Robert[ Burn]'s
Birthday, now haven't ye?"

Actually, that one intrigues me rather well. Boudain
with the casings stripped away mixed with some
fine-chopped Andouille substituting for somewhere
between a quarter and a third of the liver/grain
mixture, plus cayenne to replace or be added to
the black pepper, perhaps?

I wonder if we could start a marketing campaign for a new export to
Scotland:
"Boudain: it's much like haggis, with more (and different) grain!"

>     Selene knows I've collected weird recipes for a while
> now.   Very few of which I'll actually want to make.
> (Though the Garlic Chocolate-Chip
> cookies could be interesting.)

Hey, I've made / eaten the cranberry relish that includes
horseradish as an ingredient (recipe appears regularly
around / before USA Thanksgiving, on NPR news shows).
I love garlic, and have consumed my fair share of
chocolate-chip cookies over the years.  Even as a
diabetic (Type II), I suppose I could not-so-forcibly
budget myself to try one cookie combining the two tastes.

> However, I do make real food as well, (like my Guinness Beef Stew.)

My taste buds just went "YUM!", and I'm certain that I've never
had a bowl of yours ... and find myself without a proper recipe.

That's o.k., I've got a Plan...

>     - Padraig o Connell, (singing "Sick....puppies....Are Quite
Fun......"

Oh, no, NOW you've done it.

"Hello, I'm Kihe, and I'm a filker -- and I've got NO restraint
when offered a challenge like that!"

Adieu, Amra / Pax ... Kihe / ttfn - Mike

In the SCA, al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra,
   currently resident in the Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra

Mike C. Baker DBA: Reverend Kihe Blackeagle (PULC)
(the Dreamsinger Bard:
"The Circle is closed, always and forever.
The Circle is open, always and forever.
And we are all forever a part of the Circle.")

Any opinions expressed are obviously my own, unless explicitly stated
otherwise!

Alternate Contact Information: MikeCBaker at aol.com   KiheBard at aol.com
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661