[Sca-cooks] A little something...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Sun Jul 7 07:21:26 PDT 2002

At 10:16 AM 7/7/2002, you wrote:
>Sounds tasty! Kinda like a cousin to creme brulee (of which I am quite
>fond).

Yeah, it's pretty cool...  I guess creme brulee is never very far from my
mind, though in this case, it's much more reminissent of the Greek pastry
called "Bughatsa", where you have custard wrapped within phyllo pastry,
then baked, and brushed with a little butter, sprinkled with sugar and
cinnamon.

>--maire, intrigued by the idea of purchasing phyllo pastry already made
>into little cups

Look in the frozen dessert section of your grocery store.  I wasn't going
to buy that.  I was going to buy mini pie shells, but the only thing they
had were the phyllo thing, and we're talking a pretty, very basic grocery
store in Savannah...  I sent Olwen a picture, I could send a pix to those
who want it...

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies