[Sca-cooks] Fire and Smoke

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 7 20:33:41 PDT 2002

On 8 Jul 2002, at 3:09, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> So, how are all my Northern Cousins?  It has been overcast and smoke
> smelling in the air here in Maryland.  It must be horrid further
> north.  Is everyone OK????

In our part of northern NJ, and also at my grandmother's house,
near the George Washington Bridge, it was very hazy, but no
noticeable smoke odor.  Perhaps the winds kept the smoke at a
higher level around here.  The NYC radio news was saying that it
posed no health risk.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net