[Sca-cooks] RE:harassment was Male vs. female cooks

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jul 8 15:21:22 PDT 2002

Also sprach Nambeanntan at aol.com:
>--
>In a message dated 7/8/2002 4:28:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
>writes:
>

>>  men, who don't usually
>>  get very much sexual harassment from male chefs
>
>Just a point of information, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled a few years ago
>that there is no such thing as same sex sexual harassment.  As far as I know
>they haven't changed their minds.

Point taken. But what exactly are you saying, that it doesn't or
cannot happen, or that it has no legal definition, and no basis for
prosecution? Either way, regardless of what the Supreme Court (who
officially became functionally extraneous in December of 2000 anyway)
says, sexual harassment of men, by men, very definitely does occur,
and I was just saying that it's rare in the restaurant industry, as
far as I know. Certainly less prevalent than harassment of women by
men, and, in fact, men by women. So even if it doesn't exist at all,
as per the U.S. Supreme Court, that pretty much doesn't hurt or even
affect the statement, I think.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER