[Sca-cooks] Boned quails in period???

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Jul 8 17:42:13 PDT 2002

At 08:15 PM 7/8/2002, you wrote:
>--
>I'm not sure if this would work for you either, but there is also the
>method of
>removing the skin whole, often chopping up the meat with other wonderful
>things
>and stuffing it back into the skin (aka the dance of the flaccid chicken
>skins).  You could maybe try a similar aproach by removing the skin,
>butterfling
>the bird and removing the bones, then carefully moulding it back to shape and
>redressing it in the skin (hiding any joins in the skin underneath if
>possible).

This sounds closer to what I wanna do :-)

The plan is actually to bone the quail without splitting the
skin/meat.  Leaves them pretty much intact and in shape, using a little
string gives them even better shape.  My problem is not so much what and
how to do it, as to *document* it.

See, I decided to enter that contest and go with quails :-)  I want to bone
the quails, as it's easier to eat for the judges, but OTOH, I would prefer
to be able to document it.  Going back to this thread of cooking contest,
my taste will be decent I think, documentation will be passable, though I'd
rather go overboard than underboard within the limits of my limited
medieval cooking knowledge.

And for Olwen, yes there will be pictures taken.  And I'll even put the
documentation online once I'm done ;)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies