[Sca-cooks] Boned quails in period???

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 9 18:53:04 PDT 2002

We tried this process using game hens as well as quail and white vinegar. Less
than perfect results we think because the 5% accidity of store vinegar was
just not enough.  To get through the flesh and bone without making a mess, we
believe you need a stronger concentration than you'll get at a grocery store.

niccolo

On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:29:14 -0600 Erika Thomenius <ldygytha at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Yeah, I thought so too.  The bones don't actually disappear, they get so
>soft they are 'like' not there.  You can cut right through and eat them.
>Olwen

Oh, v. cool.  Does this work with any small bird, or just quail?  And how
strong of a vinegar do you have to use?  Can it be a wine or flavored
vinegar?

-Gytha "Eyeing some Cornish game hens.." Karlsdotter

Living in fear that someone is going to spot the zipper at the back of my
grown-up suit.