[Sca-cooks] Boned quails in period???

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Tue Jul 9 19:07:52 PDT 2002

    As I recall, acetic acid is used in some photographic processes. Perhaps
a stronger solution would be available from a photo supply house? Since
white vinegar isn't 'organic' in origin (it's a by-product of coal tar), the
'chemical' nature shouldn't matter. Household vinegar is only 5% acid, and
if you were to mix a stronger solution with a naturally produced flavored
vinegar, you might be able to achieve the bone jell effect without a harsh
chemical taste, or possibly a pleasant piquant flavor. Depending on the
sauce, of course . . .

    Sieggy