[Sca-cooks] Vinegar, was quails in period

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jul 10 09:25:50 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/10/2002 9:15:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> Perhaps I should have been more specific, as I certainly can't speak for
> *your* bottles of vinegar.  I've never seen them.
> However, every large-sized bottle of so-called cider vinegar *I've
> personally seen since I first noticed this phenomenon* has indeed been
> labeled cider-flavored.

I just think it's interesting since I would think a store brand would be more
likely to resort to a cost-cutting measure than a national name brand would,
but the cheapo store brand is the real stuff!
Next time I'm in the store, I'll look at some of the other ones, just to see.
 I know I've seen "flavored" vinegars - ie cider-flavored and even red-wine
flavored - in fact I'm careful of the red wine vinegars I buy because of that
phenomenon.

Brangwayna