[Sca-cooks] Loud Voices ansd Volunteering

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jul 10 10:03:14 PDT 2002

>     Gawd yes! I think there are too many people who subscribe to the
> 'medieval faire' theory of events (I paid for admission, therefore I'm
> entitled to wander around and be entertained).

*laugh* I once had someone explain to me that fighting in the tournament
constituted contributing to the event because it gave people something to
watch. We had a long drawn out discussion about what constituted service
and giving back to the society at a later date-- we had both been brought
into the SCA by people who believed in doing service but he was explaining
a particular perspective in certain groups. [He now holds a service award,
which is AMAZINGLY well deserved, for service that includes marshalling
as well as number of more peaceful service disciplines-- as well as a
fighting award.]

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."