[Sca-cooks] Loud Voices ansd Volunteering

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Wed Jul 10 09:46:29 PDT 2002

    Gawd yes! I think there are too many people who subscribe to the
'medieval faire' theory of events (I paid for admission, therefore I'm
entitled to wander around and be entertained). Volunteering, being an
engaged participant as opposed to a passive spectator is SO much more
satisfying. And if you are wanting to get ahead in the organization, working
puts you elbow to elbow with the movers & shakers (or, perhaps, the sweepers
and sculleries, same thing . . .) of the Society.
    I've always felt that you don't have to change the world - if enough
people change even a bit of it, the world will just come around . . .

    Sieggy