[Sca-cooks] Loud Voices

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 10 16:22:11 PDT 2002

Been there, done that.  Served as Principal Herald for Atlantia many moons
ago.  Between that, about 17 years of teaching (elementary, middle, high,
college, adult and the SCA), not to mention voice and theatrical
training/experience, I have one of "those" voices.  It can be heard over
darned near everything (once sang without a mike over a full orchestra!).
And, between that and my patented "schoolteacher" look, I can usually get
folks to settle down pretty quickly.  I don't herald at Pennsic because my
voice won't handle all the dust...not to mention dragging my old bones up
and down those hills!  Nope.  Served my time.  Now I leave it to the young
folks.

Kiri