[Sca-cooks] Medieval adhesives- OT, sorta

Den-Ter Leather denterleather1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 10 19:33:03 PDT 2002

> I'm looking for something with reasonable bonding
> strength which might retain some flexibility for
> bonding leather.
>
> Phlip

For period projects in leather I have used "hoof: glue" that is not
difficult to make if stinky:) THat is about the only adhesive for leather
that I have found that has any lasting quality. There are couple resin (tree
sap) based glues but I have never gotten them to work well and the boiling
process isnot clearly defined in the documentation I have been able to find.
THe last is a fish based glue that was used by the northmen, again it has
some qualities but stinks to high heaven while inprocessing.

YIS, Elric