[Sca-cooks] Vinegar, was quails in period

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Jul 11 05:50:03 PDT 2002

NW Montana (aka, northern Artemisia).  Second-largest town in the state
(Missoula).  Every non-gourmet grocery store I've been in.  And not just
"off" brands, or discount brands....standard stuff (tends to be "Heinz"
in this area, I think) AND store-brand.
Thinking of this thread, I checked the garganto-sized bottles at CostCo
yesterday (happened to be near that aisle, and over one, buying dried
apricots), and the labels on their white vinegar just said "distilled
vinegar." Did NOT specify what materials had been distilled to make it
<g>. They did not have any cider vinegar, or I would have looked at
that, too.
--Maire, who suspects that all this talk of vinegars is making her think
of pickles.....What's your favorit type of pickle, anyone? I'm partial
to pickled mushrooms and asparagus (OPFC <g>), and artichoke hearts
<yummm>, but my favorites are those weirdly-green pickles I used to see
at potlucks--lime? pickles (these are cucumbers, not "pickled" or
preserved limes).....