[Sca-cooks] Romanian sources-- another source

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Fri Jul 12 23:40:58 PDT 2002

Petru "cel Paros" Voda commented:
> I found a book entitled "Food and Drink in Medieval Poland" which is an
> adaptation by William W. Weaver of a polish thesis by Maria Dembinska.
> There aren't that many recipes (around 30 or so) but there is a wealth of
> information about available foodstuffs, influences, methods of cooking.

Please be aware though, that the recipes in this book do not derive

directly from any period Polish recipes but rather are recreations
using other sources.
You can find more material about this book in this file in the
FOOD-BY-REGION section of the Florilegium:

fd-Poland-msg     (28K)  8/25/00    Food of period Poland. References.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Poland-msg.html

I'm not sure how good the recipes are. The only one I've tried was
the saffron wafers and although they tasted good, I couldn't get them
to stick together. They kept coming apart in my wafer iron.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net